Formerly the "Caledon Forums", the site was rebranded as Steamlander™ on August 1st, 2009.
No longer limited in scope to Second Life or Independent State of Caledon, http://www.Steamlander.com now serves as a gateway to the entire Steampunk, Victorian, Gaslamp Fantasy and 19th Century Roleplay community.
- Slogan "Steamlander: Portal to virtual Lands of Steam and Beyond!"
- Basic Membership is free, with a Premium Membership being developed for transition to 3D world interface.
- The top five Headlines forums (news of the realm, announcements and letters to editor, society, classifieds, news from abroad) are publicly readable. Access to the rest of the board requires a free registration including added procedures intended to cut down on spammers and other malicious users.
- With the re-branding of the site, Editor Excalibur Longstaff began using his *full* name Excalibur Longstaff Steamlander.
- Still largely visited by members of the Caledon community, but transitioning to making all feel welcome.
Historical information about the former Caledon Forums Edit
- The Caledon Forums started as a bulletin board for the Independent State of Caledon, on the Web at http://www.caledonforums.com/. Operated by Excalibur Longstaff Steamlander from January 2007 until August 2009, when it was rebranded as Steamlander.com. The Caledon Forums offices in-world at Caledon SteamSkyCity, are now headquarters to the Steamlander.
- The senior editors, in addition to Mr Longstaff, were Cyn Vandeverre, Guvnah Desmond Shang, Otenth Paderborn, and Valentine Janus.
- The Forums had 456 registered users as of 7 April 2008, equivalent to about half the size of the Independent State of Caledon group in-world. Aside from the senior editors, the top ten contributors at this writing are Edward Pearse, Virrginia Tombola, Abigail Raymaker Palowakski, Baron Klaus Wulfenbach, Zealot Benmergui, Vi Paravane, Eladrienne Laval, Melanippe Karas, Fogwoman Gray, and Marcus Tairov (by the time the site re-branded as Steamlander, there were 790 registered members).
- As of late December 2007 the Forums also provided a gateway to the Caledon Wiki, and on January 1st, 2008 the Caledon Wiki commenced using the same aetheric presses to publish http://www.CaledonWiki.com from the same host site as the forums.